Tuesday 16 August 2011

Relocation Can Be Scary.

We sometimes envision ourselves finding a suitable environment to live and work.As the saying goes,'the grass is greener on the other side'.If truth be told there is no fulfillment greater than staying put in a community and nurturing the relationships started.                                                                                                                        I have been working at a rural health clinic,called Mwasephangwe since 27th december 2004.This was my first station,fresh from college.I had initially planned to be at Mwase for only 6 months.That was soon to change,as I mingled with a-people so unlike me.As i  participated in their challenges and triumphs,a good seven years has been clocked.                                                                                                                                 Working with the people of mwasemphangwe  has made me realise that negative behaviours within a given community do not change overnight.I have witnessed a shift in peoples attitudes towards accessing health care services.                          KANYANGA.                                                                                                                                        The journey to Kanyanga started at 7pm in a six tonne Fuso fighter truck.With the bad state of the roads,we safely arrived at the new station at exactly 2:30am.I wonder what this new place holds for me.Watch this spot for updates.                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment